There is potential in all dogs and cats for injury. Certain breeds and pet lifestyle will increase those risks. We help patients that have suffered injuries that were repaired surgically heal faster and more efficiently. We focus on treating the area of injury, but also any compensatory pain your pet may be experiencing from shifting weight away from the surgical site. We like to start post-op rehabilitation as soon as possible to begin pain relieving measures. We wait until sutures have been removed and the surgical site has healed well before we place pets in the underwater treadmill. Each patient’s rehab program is based on their condition, type of surgical repair and appropriate healing time. We move our patients forward in their program based on how they are responding clinically.
- Targeted exercises to strengthen muscular support of surgical area, maintain and build range of motion, maintain or normalize functional gait
- LASER therapy
- Electrical Stimulation- Neuromuscular
- Underwater Treadmill
- Ice compression therapy
- Stem Cell/PRP Regenerative Therapy
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy Mat
- Weight loss and nutritional counseling including appropriate supplements if applicable.
Ellie Mae is recovering from a Femoral Head and Neck Excision surgery. She wasn’t using her limb after surgery because she had developed a habit of holding it up for so long. We helped her gain the confidence and strength to use the limb appropriately.